[TechAssist] Re: ........changed to Spyware........

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 01:38:39 -0500

It does find stuff that the others miss, if I recollect it also warned me of
stuff "just downloaded" without having to do a "full system scan" (it can be
set to run in the background).

Since I reformatted my drive, and installed Norton Internet Security
($59.95) I have totally been without Pop ups, Spam, or Spyware....So
Spysweeper did become a redundant feature at that point, as did XP's service
pack 2......I don't think running 3 different programs (when 1 program does
it all 24/7) was the best way to go.

But Spysweeper was the only one identifying the Trojan besides Norton.
The trial is effective, the subscription adds updates on newer tricks the
newer spyware uses to get into your computer.

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronics
Ft. Wayne, IN