[TechAssist] broken core

  • From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 10:05:16 -0500

I have a 27" Quasar that was dropped. She said it worked OK for several
weeks , then lost the pix.

I found a crack on the side of the board that interrupted the H-drive going
to the HOT.
Fixed that and it works now except for a video switching problem that I'm
going after now.

My question is about the flyback. The core is broken, so that I can grab the
part that comes off the top and goes down the side and wiggle it. It doesn't
seem to affect the operation at all. The transformer doesn't overheat nor
does the transistor. It doesn't affect the picture. I'm considering leaving
it like that. I don't know what I could use to glue it together or if I
could even get the glue in there.

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions about this?

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH