[TechAssist] Re: bad cheques??

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 15:44:05 -0700 (PDT)

Kev
      If you deposited the checks and they were returned NSF, depending on the
statute of limitations, yes you have a number of options. If you didn't deposit
them, then you have little recourse. There is a difference between putting a
stop on a check and not having the funds in the account to cover the check. It
is not illegal to put a stop on a check in most of the states in USA. What was
put into law for a good reason has been used for the wrong reason in many
instances.
                                             Paul
Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I had 2 customers give me checks (cheques in Canada) and then phone 3 or
4 days later to tell me to hold off cashing the check until their bank
had corrected an error in their checking account. After repeated phone
calls I finally realized that I had been scammed and was never going to
get paid. I wrote it off as the cost of doing business. Is there
anything I could have done at the time to get paid? Thanks.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx