[TechAssist] amplifier problem - buzz on outputs

  • From: "babalino" <babalino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 21:24:40 -0000

Hello, I have an audio amplifier(150W) (240V at 50Hz) that is giving me a
headache!
The linear power supply seems to have a problem here.
The output to the speakers gives a buzz on both speakers and no audio
signal.
The transformer in the power supply starts off cool but after 10 minutes is
too hot too touch when I switch it off.
I have checked all the components in the linear power supply and they seem
ok.
The transformer is giving me outputs of 10Vac and 22Vac
Any ideas to track this one down.  It is a fairly old amplifier.
Regards babalino

Mr D Graham
Grahams Electronics
978 Walker Road