[TechAssist] Re: Zenith PTV Model#PTV5265 converge problem

  • From: "Electric Medic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 04:10:27 -0500

Max:

We always replace the convergence IC's when those resistors are burned. In
most cases though, we replace the whole convergence board. There is another
problem that can cause those resistors to blow, it is on the deflection
board. That is rare though that the deflection board can cause the
convergence board to fail, but we have seen it. That is why we simply stock
the convergence board, if the new one fails then we know the problem is on
the deflection board. Wish I could be more specific, but I am at home now,
and do not have access to my records.

Perry Bower
Electric Medic
"It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
3850 Washington Road  Suite 5b
Martinez, Georgia 30907
Phone: 706-8MEDIC4  (863-3424)
Phone: 706-863-3474
Fax: 706-863-2316
Website: www.electricmedic.com
mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"WE REPAIR WITH CARE"
More Info: www.augusta-ga.bbb.org/report.html?compid=6001278&national=y

Factory Trained Authorized Service Center For:  GE, KEC/KTV, Konka,
Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Philips Magnavox, Pioneer, ProSCAN, RCA, Samsung,
Sharp, SONY, Technics, Zenith

Provide Extended care for: AON, Circuit City, GE Contracts, Glass Agency,
Philips Contracts, NEW, Rex