[TechAssist] Zenith 27" TV SF5729HF - Problems Turning On

  • From: "David Lessard" <mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 16:43:04 +0100

TV came in dead, HOT (Q3208) tests OK, main fuse OK, no horizontal
drive. Found open horizontal drive transformer (TX3285) and leaky drive
transistor (Q3206), replace with something similar off a junk board, now
when ON button is pushed TV doesn't fire immediately and sometimes not
at all. Monitoring the horizontal signal I can see a very distorted
horizontal drive signal, I'm thinking the transformer and/or the drive
transistor parameters are off. Could it be something else? What is the
chassis number for this model and where can I find original replacement
parts for this TV?

Thanks again gentlemen,

David Lessard

Alexandria, Ontario. Canada