[TechAssist] Re: Viewsonic VG150 LCD monitor, dark display

  • From: "Art Bevilacqua" <abevilac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 22:20:47 -0400

Thanks to Pete's suggestion below (which was correct) the unit now =
lights up
as it should, you can see the menu when you enter it, and the box that =
says
"no signal" when the computer is off.=20

However, booting up the computer removes the "no signal" box, and as the
boot progresses you can see some faint activity as the background =
changes
brightness just a bit, but you can't actually see any of the computer's
output.

We've tried another monitor on the same cable, so we know everything is =
ok
up to the LCD monitor (unless the computer needs some odd drivers for =
this
display).

Does this sound familiar to any of you Viewsonic experts?  Thanks, Art

Art Bevilacqua
Essex Radio and TV
40 Main Street
Essex, MA 01929