[TechAssist] Re: Viewsonic VG150 LCD monitor, dark display

  • From: "majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 21:54:54 -0800 (PST)

Hi: this board is a DC to DC converter which drives a bipolar/dual drive FET
and HiV ass'y providing + and - HiV to the lamps.Look for a SMD fuse right
after the input plug from main board.THAT is the most common failure if you
have no output from the thing.I replace it with the filament from a 2Amp fuse
and that's that .I have no idea of what the value should be,but you better be
sure it will withstand extra current related to bad Fl. tubes.Let me
know..........................Pete
Art Bevilacqua <abevilac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:This 15" LCD monitor has a very
dim/dark display. I believe the back =
light
is out, and peeked inside. There is a small "driver" board connected to =
what
appears to be the ends of a lamp across the top and bottom of the =
display,
or possibly a U shaped lamp around three sides of the display. There are
several voltages (looks like 7 and 12 volts) present in the wiring =
between
the main processing board and this driver, but there are no voltages =
from
the driver to the lamps.

Does anyone have any experience with these units?

Thanks

Art Bevilacqua
Essex Radio and TV
40 Main Street