[TechAssist] Re: Toshiba model 32af41 chassis taco116 resister burning

  • From: "Phillip R. Hull" <phil245@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:41:31 -0500

That is usually a sign of a bad IHVT    per WinsTips

The Solution Turned Out To Be The Fly Back Transformer.  What Is Unusual Is
That The Fly Back Rings Good Out Of Circuit, And The Anode Lead To Ground
Test Shows Infinity, Which
Is Good (Testing The Internal Diodes On The Abl).  But, There Still Was A
Problem With The Abl Of The Fly Back (Pin 8), Because The Hv Only Went To
7kv, And Then The Set Went Into Shutdown With A Blinking Red Light. Also A
Bit Of Smoke Came From The Side Of The Fly Back At One Point, And R216,
(22k)  Flashed With A White Light Every Time The Set Is Plugged In And Then
Goes Into Shutdown.  R216 Is On The Abl Line Coming From The Flyback And
Going To Ic501 (Toshiba Labels It Q501) At Pin 11.  R216 Had A Burn Mark On
The Side, And Had Changed Value From 22k To 2.8k Ohms.

Phillip R Hull
phil245@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
FAX 517--569-3075
Professional Technicians only