[TechAssist] Toshiba CX2779K intermittent power interesting fix

  • From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 18:26:15 -0400

Toshiba CX2779K intermittent power interesting fixThis is a strange one that
drove us nuts for a few days and I thought I
would share it.  The set would run sometimes and not others.  We would move
the board and it would sometimes start, so we were sure it was a bad solder
joint somewhere but could not locate it.  As it turned out, the core of the
switching transformer had separated and the bottom half fell down about .5
inches. When we turned the board over it would fall into place and the set
would run.  Found it by noting that just turning the board over would start
it up and listening carefully found the knock of the core falling into
place.

HTH someone.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Electronics World