[TechAssist] Re: [Tech-Assist] Sansui tv model# TVM2500C

  • From: "Bill S" <billans@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 22:29:50 -0700

Is the regulator enclosed in solid plastic or does it have a metal tab?  If
it is a metal tab, then yes it would need a insulator!  Check to see if it
is regulating when you install a new regulator.  If the bypass resistor
(large 20 watt across the input and output) is open, you will have regulator
failure in addition to other problems.  Also when you install a new
regulator, determine if the HOT and Flyback is running cool.  Check the
driver transformer for poor solder connections and on the primary side of
the driver transformer, check to see if the small electrolytic (value .47 to
1 uf) is good and not leaky or changed value.  A lot of regulators run hot
if the