[TechAssist] Re: Sony projection model KP 41EXR96 no power

  • From: "D PANDAY" <dpanday@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:40:27 -0400

This a list of all the common fault on Power supply I have:
1.KP41EXR96
DEAD, BROKEN
CONNECTIONS & CRACKS
AROUND T608 ON THE G
BOARD
Solder-bridge cracks and resolder connections
around T608.
2.KP41EXR96
SHUT OFF BY PROTECT
MODE, REPLACE FBT
Voltage checks showed g board supplying +115
and other supply voltages but no high voltage
being developed. Disconnecting N-5 connector
allowed set to power on and stays on. Resistance
test of flyback transformer showed shorted primary
winging. Replacement of T803 restored normal operation.
3.KP41EXR96
NO POWER FROM G BOARD
(PWR SPLY), REPLACED
T601
Checked T601, pin 11-15 and pin 12-16. They
measured 345uh and only 3 rings using sensor Z
meter. A good transformer reads 2.95mh and has
100 rings. Replacing T601 restored the power
supply.
I hope it helps'.
I do not a copy of the schematic to loan, however I can
send you the Operation of the power supply.This tell's you
how the power supply works.
Panday