[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV36XBR450 Poor Grey Scale : Shuts down 5 blinks

  • From: becyn <becyn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:31:02 -0500

Ordinarilly i would say it's abad CRT. Sonys are famous for the
'reddish  brown " syndrome. It seems though, that you got lucky and
dislodged some debris from the gun. Run it for 24hrs or so and see if
the problem returns. If it doesn't, it may be OK for some to come...

I would tell the customer that the CRT  is marginal and subject to
failure for CYA purposes.

Jim McVey
McVey Alltronix
327 Broadway