[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV-32S12 died after 104 days

  • From: Phil Bader <philbad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:48:23 -0400

You did not say if on the original repair you changed the HOT (with OEM)
and resoldered the H. drive transformer pins. These two things are
always done along with your PS repairs, at least in my shop. Look at the
H. driv txfmr pins closely for cracks.(under bright light and
magnifacation.)
Phil Bader

"Larry E." wrote:

> Hi guys, this KV32S12 was fixed 104 days ago, We replaced (with oem
> parts) Q601, 602, R607, All the vdr`s and several of the small blue caps
> in this power supply. Went out today and R607 is fried, Q601`s face is
> blown off and Q602 reads dead short C-B. I used a KV32S15 manual and a
> lot of help from this site last time to get it fixed, what could we have
> missed? Customer claims set was off and he heard a loud pop sound from
> the tv, tried to turn it on and of course it was dead. Your ideas will
> be greatly appreciated !
> --
> Larry Eastman
> American TV & Electronics
> Crystal River, Fl.
> http://www.tvjunkyard.com

>   http://www.tech-assist.org/change.html
> ***NEW*** Tips Added Instantly!!!***
> Submit Repair Tips here:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Voice/Fax (863) 299-8821
email: philbad@xxxxxxxxxx

  http://www.tech-assist.org/change.html