[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV-32S12 died after 104 days

  • From: "Daryl Thunhurst" <dthunhurst@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:42:33 -0500

Larry,
Take a look at the standby transfomer.  I think it is T601.  If the primary has
bubbles in the coating of the windings, change it.  Had one with the same
problem a couple years ago and that was the culprit.  The Sony original is very
cheap.  Under $3.
Also be sure to check the small .22uf caps in the power supply.  I'm not
looking at a print as I am at home but I think they are C9 thru C14. I'm sure
you looked at all of the solder joints, especially around the regulator IC's.
This didn't cause this particular failure but be sure to resolder the horiz.
driver transformer as well.
Hope this helps and good luck,
Daryl
Daryl's TV