[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV27TW70 shuts off when I attach cable signal

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 12:01:01 -0400

I have actually seen this twice in Sonys, once in a direct view and once in
a projection set.  Sony tech says when you see this check +/- 15v supplies
off FBT secondary, particularly the negative and check vertical output.
Both of the sets that I fixed had -15v supply diode leaky.  The projection
set had bad vert. caps and vertical IC as well.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Service Manager
Electronics World
Gainesville, FL