[TechAssist] Sony KP46S15 CH # SCCH53B-A-no vert. def.

  • From: Richard Lsa Placa <continentaltv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 09:03:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

 This started out to be a simple repair (No Red Convergence). I ordered a
service manual to trouble shoot the D board.After I left, the customer
unplugged the cn1413 plug from the ZR board(thats the board at the red vertical
yoke. He said the set came on and shut down 3 times and now no picture.I took
set in shop and all voltages are within 1 volt at the vert output ic1501 and
the convergence outputs ic1601 & 1602. I have a good strong pulse coming out of
the vert out ic1501 pin 5 and at the plug cn 1413 pin 1 at he red yoke. all the
yokes are in series and there is continuity of 11.8 ohms together and there is
1.8 ohms from the vert return to the ground.I only have horizontal lines across
all the crts, and can't figure why, with such a good drive going in to the
yokes and the ground not open, I dont get any vertical scan at the tubes.

Thank You!
Richard La Placa
Continental TV
Chestertown MD,