[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV27TS27, Blows regulators Q601 & Q602

  • From: "Vilhelm Boor" <villyboor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 11:00:51 0000

Villy Boor
Boorelec Durban
--
If the transistor is getting hot it is usually drive causing it, have a close
look at your drive waveform, may be the jungle IC. Tip if the output transistor
is expensive dont test with a new one as you can loose 2 much on blow ups. Use
2 cheap say BU508AF paralleled or DF if required. Takes a lot to blow em up and
you see all the wiggles before they get stressed.

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:00:52
 Lyles Tv wrote:

>Resolder the HDT and replace the cap tied to it--I believe a .47uf 50VDC
>
>Jeff Farnsworth
>Lyles TV and Appliance
>17 S Washington St
>Elkhorn, Wi.  53121
>ph    262-723-3477
>fax   262-723-3658
>tech@xxxxxxxxxxx

Communicate with others using Lycos Mail for FREE!
http://mail.lycos.com