[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV27HSR10 1989 model, loss of sound

  • From: "Damon" <DAMON101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 07:33:51 -0500

Update, special note about Audio monitor out AND Variable audio output.

I found that the AUDIO MONITOR OUTPUT comes from IC 251 the stereo
demodulator IC, If that works you know the TV works up to the stereo
demodulator,  THE VARIABLE AUDIO OUTPUT LINE FEEDS THE AUDIO AMPS, if those
jacks don't work, IC 251 is bad.

Then check.......well darn, looks like I left my notes on the boss's table,
gotta order that part. Anyways audio input on the AUDIO AMPS is PIN 1, MUTE
circuit is on PINS 2 and 4 (+
voltage mutes it) and is provided by a parallel muting source ( the mute
button on the remote and the speaker button on the back)

Damon Brunger
damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telrad Electronic Services
Ft Wayne, IN 46815