[TechAssist] Re: Sony KP-46S25 Bunch of crazy colored lines

  • From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 18:43:34 -0700

Neil,
These sets are famous for strange problems with the Jungle IC 301.
Monitor the PIN drive signal on pin 5 of connector CN221 on A board or
CN321 on M board. You should see a perfect Parabolic wave form. If
not,....replace IC 301 (CXA1477), with an OEM part number 8-752-063-50. It's
about a $65 chip,....but,...don't waste your time, and $$$ on the cheap
bargains you might find.
Use OEM part ONLY.

HTH,
LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics          " It's such a pretty world
93 North Main                                          today !....
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087           Look at the Sunshine. "
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822                               :-)
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx