[TechAssist] Re: Sony CTV Model # KV35S42/AA-2D Chasis

  • From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:38:44 -0500

Your problems on the power supply are likely limited to the parts you
changed.  If the HOT shorts it will take out the power supply every time.
You may have a shorted vertical output.  I have seen a few of these that
will eat HOTs and PS parts.  I have seen less FBTs bad.  Check the caps in
the vicinity of the HOT as sometimes one of the ceramics will short.

Leonard Caillouet
Electronics World
Gainesville, FL