[TechAssist] "Sons..." takes all kinds...

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:14:37 -0500

A very sweet senior lady called me from the local senior towers about
her Sharp 25" TV with no sound. My back is out this week, and I urged
her to have a family member bring it in to save a lot of charges. Today,
she called and said her son will carry it in for her.
He is a (self employed?) exterminator, she explained, but should be able
to work this in between calls.
Well he got here. After filling out the invoice, I asked for his
mother's phone number. He looked blank." I really don't know it.I don't
have it written down anywhere" as he padded his pockets. Now, this is a
fellow who apparently lives and works local, his mom is local, in a
small town.
He did't know his own mother's phone number???
Good gosh. Says a lot.
Folks, our moms won't be here forever, and we won't need to remember the
number long...
Know your mom's phone number by heart.
I felt so bad, after he left I just stopped working here and gave mine a
"hello" call
Ya know, it didn't cost me a dime.And I'll see her at dinner tonight.
Phil

--

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)