[TechAssist] Sharp Camcorder VL-L50u Dead unit - Fish caps ?

  • From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:16:55 -0700

Hi Gang,
I have repaired this Sharp camcorder model VL-L50u about a year ago. At that
time I replaced a "Fish" cap C973 with a regular cap, and run a jumper wire
to the fuse.
It is now back in here, with another NO power problem.
This time, I have the +6 volts to the fuse, from the AC adaptor, but, unit
will not power up. All 3 fuses are good. I am wondering if it is worth while
to remove and check some more "Fish" caps in the power supply area. I told
the customer that if I fix it, the repair may not be reliable.
He said to go ahead and try.
I guess what I'm asking of the list members, is.....which caps are the most
likely to cause a NO pwr. problem ? I have no schematics on this unit.

Thanks for any help,
LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics        " Walk tall,...Walk straight
93 North Main                                   and look the world
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087                 right in the eye "
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx

Submit A Repair Tip For Everyone Here: