[TechAssist] Re: Sears antique radio, transformer problem

  • From: mebonnell@xxxxxxxxx (Old TV Man)
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 13:43:11 -0600

Kenny what is the model number of the radio? I may have a schematic for
it.

Max Bonnell
Bonnell TV
Robinson, IL

Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From:
KENNYB928@xxxxxxx(KENNETH=A0BARNES) Date: Tue, Jan 3, 2006, 11:07am To:
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (techassist) Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Sears
antique radio, transformer problem Reply=A0to: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sears antique radio - Question: A transformer mounted on the speaker is
open on the primary. The secondary winding on the transformer is .5
ohms. The B+ feeding the transformer primary is 90 volts. The speaker is
3.6 ohms. I have a good transf. from another speaker which is 8 ohms,
the secondary winding is .7 ohms, the primary winding is 175 ohms. Can I
use this transformer in place of the bad one? =A0 =A0 TIA =A0 =A0 =A0
=A0 =A0 Kenny Kenny

Barnes TV
928 S. Marshall St.
Boone IA 50036