[TechAssist] Re: Sears antique radio, transformer problem

Apply the 1000 hz signal through a small value rheostat.
Measure the signal the junction of the transformer and the rheostat.
Adjust the rheostat until the signal is =BD the applied signal.
Remove the rheostat and measure it's resistance. That is the impedance =
of=20
the transformer.=20

Chris Barnak
Norfolk Public Schools

>>> alg@xxxxxxxxxxx 01/10/06 10:51 PM >>>
If you really want to find the impeadance use a 1000 hz signal connected=20=

to the winding and use voltage/current to calculate.

Al G

J Silverman wrote:
> Not ohm meter ohms - impedance ohms! Impedance ohms are not easy to =
measure.
> Easiest way is to look it up in the transformer manufacturers catalog. =
Also