[TechAssist] Sanyo Model DS31590\No tuner action\Fixed

  • From: armando guerra <birdie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:15:26 -0700

This set came in with the complaint that pix was ok tru ext.audio\video
source but the tuner stations were all snowy.
Tuner did have the 33v to it.I found R104 burned up and replaced it.This
feeds the 5.1v to the pb and mb pins at tuner.Even after replacing the
res,the voltage was still at .08v.I thought the tuner was loading dn the
5.1v so I removed the tuner and I still had the same problem,no 5.1v to
tuner.After more testing,I found a lytic (C001)completely shorted out.
I replaced the cap,R104,and tv is working great.Soooo,hopefully this
will help someone before they condemm the tuner.
R 104=33 ohm @ 1/2w
C 001= 100\6.3v
Thanks to Bob waterman for the pdf he sent me to trouble shoot the
problem and to all others that gave tips,info,and suggestions.
Mando
Birdie's TV & Electronics
Casa  Grande, AZ