[TechAssist] Sanyo AVM3289G, horizontal lines in picture

  • From: "John Mielke" <maintv2004@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:39:35 -0700

I am working on this Sanyo AVM3289G which is in Sams 4385.  I have picture
and sound but it has horizontal black lines thru the picture. They cover
about half the screen and about a quarter to a half inch wide.  The width is
more stable bu t does flutter a little.  I have checked almost all the caps
in the set and there are no tips for this problem.  When I scoped the
vertical waveform  I can see the problem there.  There is trash on the
waveform of both the input and the output.  I changed the vertical output IC
but no help.  I injected a vertical drive signal and the problem is still
there.  I remember someone else had this same problem but could not find it
in the archives.  I'm not even sure it was a Sanyo.  Does this problem sound
familiar to anyone?  TIA, John.
John Mielke
Main TV
636 Main St