[TechAssist] Re: Sanyo 72hour VCR mod#STR672-Error Code

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 16:43:25 -0400

What was the original complaint? Time lapse vcrs dont necessarily play at
VHS standard speeds, and even when they do, some of the video heads dont
necessarily have the proper azimuth to play VHS. The error code may just be
telling you that there is no video input signal.
The fact that your 2 hour tape played tells you that most of the circuits
are working. Now you need to make recordings at the various speeds and play
them back.
Time lapse heads can wear out in a year. Worn heads cause more trouble at
the longer recording times.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave