[TechAssist] Samsung SC-D107 Camcorder - No image- FIXED

  • From: "Roger G./Mr Fix-It" <rogerfixit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TECHASSIST <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 23:15:53 -0500

Samsung SC-D107 Camcorder
Problem- No image thru lens. OSD - ok

Fix- Resoldered multipin connector on CCD board. Looked OK but was not.
Video restored.

PRIOR MSG-
Took second unit apart to check.
Was able to get image thru lens by jiggling the lens and interconnect
socket. Could not get it to stay good if I released the pressure on the
lens. At least I know the CCD and ckts are ok. Thought about resoldering
but think the problem is in the connectors themselves.

Tried the good one in second unit - worked. Tried the other one in both
units - got only smears. suspect CCD on that one.

Never did find the fuses you mentioned but do not think I need to worry
about them now.

I gotta think Samsung knows that their connectors are garbage. If i got
two from teh same customer, there must be others. I think it is possible
that when the connector was intermittant, it may have damaged the CCD on
the one. I cannot see trying to replace them. Going to try to flare out
the male pins and see if I can get it to be reliable. At least I may be
able to get one to work. Let ya know.
--
Roger G.

Mr. Fix-It     Harrisburg, PA 17110
WebSite-  http://mrfixit.netfirms.com
Alternate - rogerfixit@xxxxxxxx
FAX 510-740-3641; Tel: 717-540-0799 (shop)