[TechAssist] Re: SYMPHONIC TV/VCR, M:TVCR9F1, power supply problem

  • From: John Mielke <maintv2002@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 13:24:17 -0600

Check the connections at the DC jack, if the ground connections are open
it could cause those symptoms.  Then check the caps on the PS-Defl board
and check Q631 (2SA1469) for short.  No, there is not a IC651 in this
set.  They could mean IC601, the power supply driver or IC851, the audio
output.  Why not connect it to DC, that would eliminate the power
supply.  And of course suspect connections bad on that board.  If you
need I can send the voltages that should be on the 2 plugs on the front
of the PS board.   John.

matt sherer wrote:
> Symphonic
> TV/VCR
> Model: TVCR9F1
> When you plug the unit in,it comes on automatically.  Loud buzz from the
> speaker, no button functions work.  dark pic but turning up the screen on
> the flyback bring sup a raster.  checked caps in the ps and found nothing.
> This is a 120vac/12vdc model.  I found a tip in database to check for IC651
> and did not find that chip.  PS and deflection share the same board.  Anyone
> know some test points to check the PS voltages?  TIA!!
>

> Gear Guy
> Electronic repair
> A/V systems design, maintenance and installation
> AMX programming
> Matt Sherer, CET
> 1411 Honeysuckle Lane
> Champaign, IL 61821