[TechAssist] Re: SONY KV-32FS13 pincussion

  • From: "Shaun" <satguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:08:52 -0600

I still have this set in the shop with bad pincushion. I have checked L503
and L506 both are good along with everything in this tip:

RESOLUTION: Parabola signal normal at IC501/pin 2 and varies in amplitude
with adjustment normally.
R513 or R551 will overheat depending on position of horizontal centering
switches. Found both L503 and L506 shorted. Replacing these restored normal
operation. Found several cases of this problem and it may well affect other
BA-5 and possibly BA-4 chassis
with this circuitry. The nominal resistance of the good 10 mh coil is about
15.3 ohms on the Fluke 83. The bad ones read between1.5 and  1.9 ohms with
the Fluke 83 meter.

Is there someone that has the correct values for everything in the service
menu on this set?

Shaun

Advanced Electronics
224 West Riverview Ave.