[TechAssist] Re: Repost! sony kv32fs200 powers up, instant SD, 5 blinks]

  • From: Damon <DamonEB@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 17:33:36 -0500

Actually don't always assume the 5 Blink failure  means Crt emission
problems.
That Sony TV shows 5 blinks because that's what the TV picked up
on..........
You could have missing 200V, no heater, no screen voltage, etc causing a
5 blink code.

The key is the shutdown.......these TVs don't shutdown if the CRT
displays a 5 blink failure.....they normally stay on.
Forget the 5 blink......troubleshoot it as though that Immediate
Shutdown is the ONLY symptom you have!

Check B+ supply, check Horiz output, and don't forget......THE HV
circuit is a separate circuit not associated with the Horiz Sweep circuit.
At least I think it is.........

Damon B
Telrad Electronics