[TechAssist] Re: Repost! sony kv32fs200 powers up, instant SD, 5 blinks]

  • From: Jim Myers <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:18:25 -0500

5 blinks is an IK failure but normally the set will turn on, blink a few
times while CRT is warming up, then shut down with the 5 blink code
repeating. All the time while the CRT is warming up the HV, H
deflection, Vertical, ETC are all present. Immediate shut down with 5
blink code makes no sense. Are you sure the other shop is telling it
like it is? I normally ignore any post that says "assisting another
shop" because of how the story changes from one mouth to another.
Are they seeing the 5 blinks during the short time the set is trying to
turn on? If so that is not an error code.
Does the set turn on with a remote? There is a tip for no remote and
when turned on manually it turns itself off. If that applies check the
following.
TV doesn't respond to remote and when turns on manually it turns itself
OFF.
Found switch S1002 on the HS board defective.
Also check, the diode D006 on the A Board IC1001/42 (Key Line) can also
cause symptoms of remote, or TV function miss-operations.

Since 1972                     *
Jim Myers                      *
Telrad Electronics             *
Fort Wayne Indiana             *