[TechAssist] Repair Tip for Kenwood Stereo VR409 -shuts down 5 sec. after power- on

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:34:36 -0400

I was lucky on this one. It is a Kenwood stereo receiver model VR409. It
had the infamous problem of turning off about 5 seconds after the power
on, just after the relay click.

Found a surface mount resistor R269, 470 Ohm burnt. This resistor goes
to collector of surface mount Q117 transistor, which it's emitter in
turn goes to pin 22 of IC102 the output module. I replaced the resistor
and the unit works fine. Sent home with customer after test run

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984