[TechAssist] Rca Projo Model D52W20\ITC222 chasis.

  • From: armando guerra <birdie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 12:18:14 -0700

This set when powered on just chirps as  long as it was plugged in.I
rang the flyback and it was bad.The hot is not shorted.Since we all know
that the oem flybacks have been on order for a long time,I went ahead
and ordered one from electronica in co.It has the exact #'s on its body
as the one that I removed from the chasis.Its not the 259296(OEM #)but
it looks identical.Now,after I replaced the flyback and put it back
together and power it on,I can hear high voltage come up for a sec and
then drops dn.It cycles about 3 times and as it does this,the green led
in front does the same thing.After 3 times,nothing.I have to unplug the
set and then it starts pulding again.I did not replace the hot because
it test ok.Also,they are on back order from rca anyway.Just wanted some
suggestions,eighter a deffective flyback,the hot breaking dn under
load,or something else causing this.No manual so I am hoping that
someone can help .Thanks.
Mando
AZ
PS  If I post something on list B,is everybody able to read the post or
not.I like it better because its more private.