[TechAssist] Re: Rca F32730SB CTC179CM

  • From: "Mouton's Electronics" <moutons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 10:15:08 -0500

ctc169 direct view and most other direct view donot shutdown without vert.
all of projections will either blank or shut down, most since the ptk169
blank with the scan loss circuit. I have had very little trouble with the
ctc179cm, never had a vertical problem, as far as other problems I have
mostly found no audio which was repaired by reinitializing the eeprom with
chipper checker. In most cases pulsing or clicking 3 times will be due to a
short or in some of the newer chassis just having a low or missing source.
The micro looks for several sources and if they don't achieve there
potential in a specified amount of time the set will shutdown and restart 3
times. Error code may suggest a missing source. In some models, if you press
the menu and hold, then press the power then volume up WHILE THE SET IS OFF,
the set will be forced on if it is capable of coming on and give you the
error codes on screen.

Jason Mouton
Mouton's Electronics
1116 Center St.