[TechAssist] Rca F32730SB CTC179CM

  • From: "TV Doctors" <tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:37:01 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

Can't find many tips on this chassis in the tips section. Any known common
components to look/check for, for shut down, as soon as set is powered up. It
tries to start about 3 times before shutting down for good then have to press
power button again. A blue bar comes up on the screen before shutdown occurs. I
have disconnected the collector to the H.O.T but it still shuts down. But at
least I measure 135 volts for the b+ before it shuts down. Bad Cap, Weak
rectifier, like in the ctc169 series?   TIA    Neil Boman   Tv Doctors
Monroe,Wa.  360-794-6469
  http://www.tech-assist.org/change.html