[TechAssist] RCA TV CTC175 -repair tip for no remote control functions

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 19:48:12 -0400

Posted this message to repair@circuitwork yesterday and it was returned
to me undeliverable. Thats why I'm posting it here as well. Sorry if it
is a repeat message.

No remote control functions worked after repairing the set for another
problem. Scope showed 5V p-p waveform at pin 3 of micro chip when a
remote button was pressed, but still no functions. Checked that all
front panel switches were ok so as to not load down the micro. All ok.
Then I realized I had changed the 4 Mhz crystal by the micro IC earlier
in the repair, so I put the original crystal back in. Bingo, the remote
worked again. Maybe the original is not 4 Mhz as the manual claims, or
the new crystal was off frequency.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada