[TechAssist] RCA TV CTC175 -repair tip for no channels below 51 cable

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 19:48:23 -0400

Posted this message to repair@circuitwork yesterday and it was returned
to me undeliverable. Thats why I'm posting it here as well. Sorry if it
is a repeat message.

After doing the typical soldering job in the tuner for out of sync and
flashing, intermittant picture, I had no reception (snow only) on cable
channels 2 to 50. Channels 51 and higher were ok.

Solution: During the tuner soldering, C7319 (0.01uF surface mount) was
heated too much and shorted out, preventing B+ from reaching the VHF
portion of U7301. Replaced C7319 with a standard 0.01uF disc cap.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984