[TechAssist] Re: RCA Projo Model P46924

  • From: Jim Myers <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 17:55:42 -0500

That is a PTK195 and you'll probably need to repair the separate
convergence power supply board.

Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0
http://www.ServiceSoftware.com

PROSCAN   PTK195CP

Convergence Distorts Bad, And Pix Bows In From - Top & Bot. Usually
After On A While.

Robinson Electronics

Replace (Burnt Open) Resistor R19233 On Convergence Board. 15k Ohms 3w.
Mfr# 182374.

RCA   PTK195

Convergence Bad. Bowed In Top And Bottom. No Voltages J19701

E-C Short On Q19707 (Smd) Amp On Conv Power 1 Bd

RCA   PTK195

Convergence Bad. Pincushion Bowed In From Top And Bottom.

Robinson Electronics   Chassis = PTK195DC

Replaced Bad Conv. Pwr. Board. Rca# 250686 (Was #242675).

RCA   PTK195

Convergence Menu (Customer Menu) Is Missing

Heatsinks On Digicon Board Were Cold.  Told By Rca Techline To
Replace/Check Cr19709/10, Q19504 And Eprom On Digicon Board U19201 (8)
For 5 Volts, All Of Those Devices Were Good.

Started Checking Voltages And Found R19703 Was Open On Convergence Power
Board, 750k 1/2watt.

RCA   PTK195

Convergence Not Working And No Convergence Osd On Menu.

Garris Radio & Tv - New Bern, Nc.

Replace R19703 (750k-1/4w 193334) Even If It Checks Good. (Sometimes It
Does Check Good And The Reg Ic Will Be Bad) And Change U19700
(Stk730-130 215530). This Will Restore Convergence And The Convergence
Osd Menu!

The Old Master Technician
Since 1972                     *
Jim Myers                      *