[TechAssist] Re: RCA PTK195BT, odd convergence problem.

  • From: "Electric Medic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:35:08 -0400

Kevin:

I would just sub the convergence P/S with a test board if you have one since
your problem is intermittent. However, I have seen that problem before and
it was fluid all three times. I would check for barely visible fluid on the
convergence and/or main board. Especially where the two boards meet near the
vertical section and over on the convergence board. Almost all intermittents
on that chassis is fluid. Especially vertical, video, menu not working, or
convergence intermittents.

Perry Bower
Electric Medic
"It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
http://www.electricmedic.com
"We're Number One Where it Really Counts, With our Customers"
3850 Washington Road  Suite 4C
Augusta, Georgia 30907
Phone: 706-8MEDIC4  (863-3424)
Phone: 706-863-3474