[TechAssist] Re: RCA PTK169 chassis smps C4108 question

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 11:13:37 -0400

I don't know if you "have to" use the 39uF 100V but I have been doing
so. I get them at Digikey but they only go as high as 63V, at least the
last time I ordered. I haven't had any problems with returns using a 63V
cap rather than 100V as suggested. Why would they ask for 100V when the
47 uF is only rated 50V?

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984
email: gary (at) number63.ca

Philip Bader wrote:

> In this P46770CKLG1 / PTK169AAS projo I am troubleshooting a dead smps
> after storm.Changing smps IC U4101 and the surrounding lytics while I'm
> in there(one was open).
> Question: C4108 is a 39 mfd electrolytic. The schemo has next to this
> printed value in  "( )" 47 mfd as well.
> Is this value critical or can I sub to the 47mfd since I have this in
> stock?
> I have had SMPS parts kits for the 169's that used a 47 as general
> replacement for smps C4108.
> If it used a 39 must I replace it as same?
> Phil Bader
> --
> Philip Bader
> Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
> 3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
> Fax (863) 299-8821
> email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> For Professional Technicians Only

> Classifieds! Buy or Sell!