[TechAssist] Re: RCA HDLP50W151 SHUTDOWN FIXED!

  • From: "jonas miglinas" <miglinasj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 19:41:13 -0500

Hello All,

Brought the set to the shop so I could trace the problem in peace.(client
was being a pain) After changing the DM2 module which got the set at least
to fire up, it would shutdown in some 20 seconds. Using the troubleshooting
guide and the voltages on the cd schematic, I found the connector(J24252 -
on the AC board) to the lamp power supply had a weak solder connection. Lamp
never fired up. Resoldered and has been playing now up to eight hours a day
for four days.
Thanks to all who shared their knowledge.

Jonas Miglinas
Miglinas TV
Chicago