[TechAssist] Re: RCA F35100ST CTC169BG2 PIP problem

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 15:43:02 -0400

I had a 169 with slight flashes in the video after a fix.. like tadpoles
to the right. below was a response that fixed my set:
repair1 wrote:

Phil, I had a 169 a couple of weeks ago that had a flickering or what
looked
like an agc problem, did not show up in video mode. After a lot of time on
unit I discovered that R71 on dpip board was unsoldered,hth.

Charles Betzler
Best Electronics
Hope this helps,
Phil Bader

Larry Eastman wrote:

>Hi Guys, customer called today with the complaint of multiple black
>dashes across
>the entire screen after I had changed out the crystal & cap for a dead
>set
>symptom yesterday, I`m assuming the little brown spacers have melted all
>over
>the pip board as this is usually what causes this symptom, I have
>cleaned
>these boards of all the brown goo with very little success, has anyone
>come
>up with what part(s) are actually causing the black dashes without
>having
>to change the entire module (which I`m sure is probably NLA)  Or is
>there
>a way to bypass the PIP module in these sets? TIA, Larry E
>
>Larry Eastman
>American TV & Electronics
>Crystal River, Fl. 34428

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx