[TechAssist] RCA F35100ST CTC169BG2 PIP problem

  • From: Larry Eastman <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:10:49 -0400

Hi Guys, customer called today with the complaint of multiple black
dashes across
the entire screen after I had changed out the crystal & cap for a dead
set
symptom yesterday, I`m assuming the little brown spacers have melted all
over
the pip board as this is usually what causes this symptom, I have
cleaned
these boards of all the brown goo with very little success, has anyone
come
up with what part(s) are actually causing the black dashes without
having
to change the entire module (which I`m sure is probably NLA)  Or is
there
a way to bypass the PIP module in these sets? TIA, Larry E

Larry Eastman
American TV & Electronics
Crystal River, Fl. 34428