[TechAssist] RCA F27201GG (CTC 169CAQS) VERT DEFLECTION?

  • From: "Bruce Tiedeman" <btied@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:17:21 -0500

"Momentary no vert deflection then OK". At start up.
I hope some one can shed some light on this problem, At turn on you see a
collapsed vert deflection (about 1\4" deflection) then I hear the relay
click an the set comes on full deflection as the CRT heaters lights up the
tube. The regulation is good around 143 volts similar in standby.
I did change the cr4118, Q4402 and Q4202. Soldered all board connections in
Vet circuit. Replaced C403K.
I am starting to go around in circles on this set. Trying to figure out the
theory of operation. I am working off of a CTC169 print but has different
parts than shown in data base. U4501 the vert drive switch shows a drive
pulse OK at turn on.
. Sorry if my explanation is vague. I also changed the degaussing switch
transistor!
As soon as I hit the tack switch the vert line shows up, then the relay
sounds and the picture comes in ?
I don't want to send out this set as is. The original condition was
regulator problem which has been repaired , then I noticed this. Should not
see any kind of visible deflection this soon at turn on?

Bruce.

B&T Electronics
139 Margaret St
Sarnia Ontario