[TechAssist] Re: RCA DVD Recorder

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:39:17 -0700 (PDT)

I have not worked on that model but have worked on an RC5240P and they do not
supply parts or service information for that unit.  Yours is still in warranty,
they may just replace it.

                                Paul

PerryThorpe <pkthorpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All
I own a RCA DVD recorder model# DRC8040N still in warranty,I am not a Thomson
service center . I do not have any experience on DVD recorders at all .Here is
what happens can record 2-3 movies then I start getting disk error,disk error
detected, and fan failure. I cleaned the fan with some canned air started to
work,but still disk error.I called RCA CSR said to use lens cleaner it sat
around about a month cleaned lens,it worked fine for 3 movies recording the 4th
disk error. Do I have something heating up or do the CPU's in these things need
a hard reset often. Any of you that work on these all help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Perry Thorpe
Thorpe's Electronics
Beattyville,KY 41311