[TechAssist] Re: RCA D61W130 Question dose it have a lightbox?

  • From: Jim Myers <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 05:31:19 -0500

Sound like the best bet is to bring in the set then, or repair in home.=20
The boards are available but replacing three would be a bit expensive.

The Old Master Technician
********************************
Since 1972                     *
Jim Myers                      *
Telrad Electronics             *
Fort Wayne Indiana             *
********************************

GERALD GANN wrote:
>        Jim we started taking it apart, this thing has a hundreds of T20=
 torx head screws in it.=20
>        We where using the disassembling instructions you sent me. It lo=
oks like you would have to completely disassemble the TV just to bring th=
e bottom part in.=20
>        After about 30 minutes trying to figure it out and taking out to=
rx head screws, reading the instructions we put it back together. Fortuna=
tely we had 3 guys with us could have used 4. We all wonted to see if it =
could be done.  We picked it up and carried it to the truck.
>        No way to dolly it, no hand holds. It is not heave just bad desi=
gn.=20
>        I guess RCA thought they had a better idea like putting the tune=
r as part of the main board.
>        Maybe someone out there has done it, if so I=92m sure both of us=
 and the rest of the group would like to know how.
>   =20
>        OK The way the customer described the problem with the TV sounde=
d like a sink problem. We got it back to the shop and the RF connecter to=
 the tuner is broken lose.=20
>        Also a mouse has been in it and pissed and shxx all over three b=
oards. It looks to me you would have replace the board because the corros=
ion on the pins of the components it would be imposable to repair.
>        I think it=92s junk. To bad, nice TV.
>   =20
>   Jerry
>   Alpha 21 Electronics
>   Granite City, IL 62040
>   618-452-8620
>   alpha21century1234@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>=20
> Jim Myers <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Looks like it may be possible =
to separate the top 1/2 from the bottom=20

nes. Remove: http://www.tech-assist.org/remove.htm