[TechAssist] Re: RCA D61W130 Question dose it have a lightbox?

  • From: GERALD GANN <alpha21century1234@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:57:25 -0800 (PST)

       Jim we started taking it apart, this thing has a hundreds of T20 torx
head screws in it.
       We where using the disassembling instructions you sent me. It looks like
you would have to completely disassemble the TV just to bring the bottom part
in.
       After about 30 minutes trying to figure it out and taking out torx head
screws, reading the instructions we put it back together. Fortunately we had 3
guys with us could have used 4. We all wonted to see if it could be done.  We
picked it up and carried it to the truck.
       No way to dolly it, no hand holds. It is not heave just bad design.
       I guess RCA thought they had a better idea like putting the tuner as
part of the main board.
       Maybe someone out there has done it, if so I?m sure both of us and the
rest of the group would like to know how.

       OK The way the customer described the problem with the TV sounded like a
sink problem. We got it back to the shop and the RF connecter to the tuner is
broken lose.
       Also a mouse has been in it and pissed and shxx all over three boards.
It looks to me you would have replace the board because the corrosion on the
pins of the components it would be imposable to repair.
       I think it?s junk. To bad, nice TV.

  Jerry
  Alpha 21 Electronics
  Granite City, IL 62040
  618-452-8620
  alpha21century1234@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jim Myers <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Looks like it may be possible to
separate the top 1/2 from the bottom
1/2. Sending the disassembly procedure to your mail box. I may have to
do the same thing to get one in for repair so let me know how it goes.

The Old Master Technician
Since 1972 *
Jim Myers *
Telrad Electronics *