[TechAssist] Re: RCA Chipper Checker, and the Three blind mice

  • From: Gary McCartney <number63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:21:59 -0400

Really? That is an interesting concept. Not sure I'd want to use the
dish washer when I clean eating ware in there but I can see where it
would agitate and get into all the nooks. I would have thought the water
would damage the circuit even though letting it dry for a while.
Wouldn't it seap into the flyback windings where it would not have much
chance for the moister to escape?

I recently bought a used computer monitor at an auction. On the way
home, the rain started teaming down and this monitor was in the back of
my pickup truck. I dried it out when I got back to the shop. I used a
hair dryer for an hour, then let it sit for 4 days, then used the dryer
again. All this and there weren't much signs of water on the chassis to
begin with. Finally I plugged it in and it ran perfectly for 2 hours
then died. No horizontal drive. haven't got back to it. Maybe it was on
it's way out regardless if it got rained on or not.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
7134 Fife Rd, RR 7
Guelph Ontario Canada N1H 6J4